Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Cute snowflakes

Hi everyone!
 
Today a new post on snowflakes for the January theme. First of all, I want to share a very good video I found on youtube, teaching how to crochet a small model that took me about 8-10 minutes to complete. You can then attach it anywhere: a pin, a pair of earrings, or a Christmas wreath (as I did here).


You can also change the yarn size, in order to obtain very different results. In the picture below, the large one is made with an acrylic 3-ply thread and a 4mm hook, while the other three are created with a size 2,5mm hook and different types of cotton yarn. I really like the one on the top, for which I used a yarn containing a very thin shiny pearly thread.

You can also create these small cute decorations with beads. The examples below are made following a beautiful pattern by Sandra Halpenny, also author of the book Beaded Lace Snowflakes Ornaments, (see full book review here).

Enjoy the pictures, and come back soon!



P.s. If you don’t want to miss any crafty project, remember to follow the blog by clicking on the “join this site” button in the right column ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment